INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
Bryan is a highly motivated and service-minded Director in Ellin & Tucker’s Audit, Accounting, and Consulting Department. He provides high quality audits, compilations, and reviews of financial statements, as well as advisory services, to clients in the manufacturing industry. Bryan is an engagement leader on many of the firm’s most significant manufacturing client engagements and has played an integral role in the cultivation and management of those clients. His exceptional knowledge of industry technical trends has solidified his reputation as a well-respected member of the firm’s Manufacturing Services Group.
Bryan is also a member of Ellin & Tucker’s Audit and Accounting Technical Standards Committee, which is responsible for communicating technical guidance to firm personnel, management and ownership. He is also a member of the firm’s recruiting committee and the firm’s mentoring program, which helps to train and acclimate new professional staff to the firm.
In addition to his manufacturing expertise, Bryan regularly performs audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements and prepares corporate tax returns for privately held companies in the construction, not-for-profit, professional services, technology, real estate, and wholesale distribution industries.
Bryan has been tapped by Industry Week to discuss corporate tax planning and tax savings opportunities for manufacturing executives. Bryan has also been featured as an industry expert in the Baltimore Business Journal’s Manufacturing Economic Industry Update, powered by the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore.
After earning his bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Delaware and his master’s degree in accounting and business advisory services from Towson University, he joined Ellin & Tucker in 2004 and became a certified public accountant (CPA).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
Bryan is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Emerging Leaders United of the United Way of Central Maryland, member and past Treasurer
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake, Finance Committee member
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Bryan’s most recent contributions to regional and nationally-recognized trade publications:
- Assessing Risk When Expanding a Construction Company’s Geographic Footprint or Service Area
- Presenting the 2017 Manufacturing Economic Industry Update
- Accounting Alternatives for Privately Held Construction Firms
- Tax & Cash Flow Considerations for Contractors
- Low Lying Fruit: Tax and Cash Flow Considerations for Contractors
- Bryan Porter Economic Industry Update 2014 Manufacturing Review
- Do You Have the Right CPA for the Job?
- 5 Things Every Manufacturing Executive Should Know about Corporate Taxes
- Maximizing Your Relationship With Your Accountant Year Round