INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
As a Principal in the Tax Department of Ellin & Tucker, Dan is one of the firm’s leading tax experts for clients in the real estate industry. As a trusted advisor of many of the firm’s most substantial real estate engagements, Dan has developed the high quality tax strategies and financial tools necessary to address the unique opportunities and challenges facing commercial and residential developers, property management firms, private equity funds and investment partnerships.
Dan’s wealth of knowledge gives him the tools to work intensively in the development of tax strategies aimed at real estate entity goals, which include achieving a higher rate of return on investment capital, minimizing tax liability and maximizing tax-efficient strategies.
In addition to advising clients on complex real estate tax planning, Dan provides tax consulting and compliance services to a wide variety of privately held businesses with operations in the construction, investment partnerships, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, professional services, and technology industries. Dan also works closely with owners and key employees to develop unique financial and individual tax plans, as well as offering guidance for business succession, mergers/acquisitions and retirement fund maximization.
Dan earned his Bachelor of Science in accounting and finance from Salisbury University and is a certified public accountant (CPA).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
Dan is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Boys and Girls Club of Metro Baltimore, Board of Directors Member and Treasurer
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Dan’s most recent contributions to locally and nationally recognized publications:
- What Property Owners Can Expect from New Tax Law Changes
- New Tax Laws Could Mean Big Problems For Big Box Property Owners
- Understanding the Tax Implications of Business Mergers
- The 2017 Federal Tax Reforms Were Touted as ‘Good for Business’ — But Are They Good for Small Business?
- The Mobile Workforce Simplification Act Could Mean Simplified Taxes for Traveling Workers
- Article of Interest: Comparing Current Tax Law With The Senate Plan & The House Plan
- Dan Thrailkill's Economic Industry Update 2014 Tech Focus
- Five Considerations for Expanding into New Markets