INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
A Principal in Ellin & Tucker’s Not-For-Profit Services Group, Kim is dedicated to performing high-quality audit, tax and advisory services to numerous not-for-profit organizations and foundations. Her extensive knowledge of not-for-profit audit and accounting standards, including Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance Audits, have helped grow the firm’s not-for-profit services group practice to more than 100 organizations in the Baltimore region. Kim is also the chairperson of the not-for-profit area of the firm’s Accounting and Auditing Technical Standards Committee, which develops programs to enhance understanding of current accounting and financial reporting standards for the firm’s professionals.
In addition to her not-for-profit expertise, Kim also performs audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements, handles employee benefit plan audits and prepares corporate tax returns for clients in the distribution, professional services, family office and law industries.
Kim is also committed to and has been recognized for her extensive contributions to the community. Kim is a recipient of the Philanthropic 5 award from the United Way of Central Maryland. She was one of five central Maryland young professionals recognized for their extraordinary commitments of leadership, volunteerism, mentoring and philanthropy to the region’s nonprofit community. In 2009, Kim founded the firm’s Giving Back Committee which has since donated more than 2,700 items to support local nonprofits, with the committee logging more than 2,000 volunteer hours. Over the past six years, the firm’s Giving Back Committee has partnered with a variety of other organizations including:
- Our Daily Bread – Catholic Charities
- Civic Works
- First Fruits Farms
- Home Instead
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Maryland Food Bank
- Maryland SPCA
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Baltimore
Kim recently shared her expertise and insights on building an effective not-for-profit board with audience members at Maryland Nonprofit’s 2016 Annual Conference. Kim has also been tapped by Accounting Today to share her insights and expertise on how to successfully serve and develop segments of the not-for-profit market and the newest financial reporting changes for not-for-profits announced by Financial Accounting Standards Board. In addition, Kim was featured as an industry expert in the Baltimore Business Journal’s Not-for-Profit Economic Industry Update, powered by the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore.
Kim holds a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Grove City College, located in Pennsylvania and she is a certified public accountant (CPA).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
Kim is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- DFK International Not-for-Profit Committee
- Maryland Disability Law Center, Treasurer of the Board of Directors
- Ellin & Tucker’s Giving Back Committee, Member and Former Chairperson
- Very Important Professionals Successful by 40 (VIP) List - The Daily Record (Baltimore)
- Philanthropic 5 award – United Way of Central Maryland
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Kim’s most recent contributions to nationally-recognized trade publications:
- Presenting the 2017 Not-For-Profit Economic Industry Update
- New Rule Changes the Way You’ll Report Financial Information
- SUMMARY OF CHANGES TO NOT-FOR-PROFIT FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FASB Accounting Standards Update
- FASB Not-For-Profit Financial Statement Changes You Need To Know
- Kim Fusco Economic Industry Update 2014 Not-For-Profit Review (Baltimore Business Journal)
- Picking a Nonprofit Niche