INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
Michael brings to the table more than 15 years of expertise in providing management advisory, financial reporting, tax and other professional services to his clients. As chair of the firm’s Government Contractor Services Group, Michael has been instrumental in developing and continually growing the firm’s government contracting practice, focusing his energies on providing unmatched services designed to support strategic goals while building long-lasting professional relationships. He is well-versed in matters ranging from federal acquisition regulations Defense Contractor Audit Agency requirements to cost accounting standards compliance, as well as bid proposals, contract management and various other matters unique to government contractors.
In addition to his government contracting expertise, Michael provides management advisory, tax and financial reporting services for clients in the construction, manufacturing, not-for-profit, professional service firms, real estate and technology industries.
Michael is a member and former chair of the firm’s audit and accounting technical standards committee. This committee oversees programs to maintain the professional staffs’ understanding of current accounting and financial reporting standards and ensures compliance with professional standards governed by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Michael’s work on the subject of accounting, tax and consulting services for the construction industry has been featured in CFMA Building Profits. He was most recently featured as an industry expert in the Baltimore Business Journal’s 2014 Government Contracting Economic Industry Update, powered by the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore.
Michael earned his Bachelor of Science in accounting from University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business and is a certified public accountant (CPA).
Michael is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
Michael is actively involved in the community, holding positions within a number of organizations including:
- Member of the University of Maryland Hillel Finance Committee
- Member of DFK International/USA Audit and Accounting Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of Advocates for Children and Youth
- Top CPA in Maryland, Baltimore SmartCEO Magazine
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Michael’s most recent contributions to locally and nationally recognized publications:
- The Future of Manufacturing and Government Contracting Under the New Administration
- Presenting the 2017 Government Contracting Economic Industry Update
- Are You Ready to Join The Federal Market?
- Mike Strauss' Economic Industry Update 2014 Government Contracting Review
- Davis-Bacon & Affordable Care Acts: A Guide to Increasing The Bottom Line