INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
Steve’s career in providing audit, accounting, consulting and tax services spans more than 30 years. As chair of Ellin & Tucker’s Law Firm Services Group, he specializes in helping law firms of varying sizes (ranging from sole practitioner to 200-lawyer firms) meet their accounting, tax, and business consulting and management advisory needs. As director of many of the firm’s largest clients, Steve’s skills and expertise have played an integral role in the development of the firm’s reputable accounting and management advisory services areas.
Steve is a veteran public speaker who has also authored numerous articles covering a variety of legal-related topics, ranging from strategic profitability planning for law firms to taxability of damage awards and related implications. Steve’s work and expertise on the subject of accounting, tax and consulting services for the law firm services industry has been featured in numerous publications, including:
- The Daily Record
- Lawyer’s Business Journal
- Legal Times
- Baltimore Business Journal
Steve has also been a featured speaker for the American Bar Association, the D.C. Bar Association, the National Association for Trial Lawyers Executives, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Law Firm Services Association, as well as a number of local bar associations.
A certified public accountant (CPA), Steve holds a degree in accounting from the University of Baltimore and a degree in history from the University of Maryland.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
Steve is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Equal Justice Council (EJC)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Metropolitan Baltimore, Treasurer of the Board of Directors
- Top CPA in Maryland, Baltimore SmartCEO Magazine
- Five Star Wealth Manager/Tax Advisory Recipient, Baltimore Magazine.
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Steve’s most recent contributions to nationally-recognized trade publications: