Senior Tax Associate
As a member of the Ellin & Tucker tax team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other tax professionals in delivering the highest quality service to our clients and you will interact directly with our clients on a regular basis to better understand and serve their needs.
You will also be given the tools to grow and develop your career with support and mentoring from more experienced Certified Public Accountants in the accounting, auditing, and tax areas of Ellin & Tucker, as well as through your regular participation in internal and external Continuing Professional Education programs.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead assigned client tax engagements from start to finish, including engagement planning, directing, completion of assigned tax projects, and managing the assigned projects to budget
- Supervise, train, and mentor other tax associates and interns on assigned tax projects, and assess the performance of tax staff associates for engagement reviews
- Review client tax returns completed by assigned tax staff and make necessary recommendations on tax return preparation regarding accuracy and applicable tax savings opportunities
- Gain a continuous level of increased compliance responsibility in the review process.
- Prepare client tax returns for the more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate and foreign tax clients
- Research and consult with management on various client-related tax matters
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities in a timely manner
- Develop and edit correspondence and other client deliverables as needed
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm
Who Are You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Two years or more of tax and client consulting experience
- Hold Certified Public Accountant license or is in the examination process
- Previous tax return preparation experience is required
- Ability to supervise other tax staff and lead client tax projects
- Strong computer software skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Prosystems FXSuite and RIA Checkpoint, is highly desirable