For over 75 years, Ellin & Tucker has remained a top mid-Atlantic public accounting and business consulting firm, servicing the region’s most influential privately owned businesses and the families who run them, as well as not-for-profit organizations. Our years have taught us that every voice counts. Fresh ideas and innovation have always been the heartbeat propelling us forward, while experience and know-how have been the rudder guiding our path. This balance ensures our firm and our clients are always well positioned for whatever lies ahead.
We are currently searching for a top-level, partner-ready tax expert to join the leadership team of our firm’s real estate tax services group. The role offers the opportunity to be an integral part of a group of dedicated professionals, focused on tax business planning, advisory and compliance services for clients within the real estate industry. This role will also assist in leading the preparation of complex tax returns of private companies and high wealth individuals with investment partnerships and real estate holdings, as well as family trusts and foundations. Additionally, this role will also engage with other tax leaders in business development, insights, and CPE for firm professionals.
Our collaborative and client-service oriented approach to every engagement is the perfect fit for a motivated, dynamic tax professional ready to guide clients toward boundless growth and success.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the firm’s real estate client base; demonstrate flexibility to work with real estate clients of varying sizes and types of non-public entities including S corps, C corps, and partnerships – many of which have multi state and/or international operations
- Advise in the areas of tax planning and structured holdings; demonstrate knowledge of real estate industry trends
- Lead advanced level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda
- Manage client engagement goals and expectation from start to finish; supervise technical, strategic, and budgetary engagement objectives; ensure quality control standards meet firm and accounting industry standards; proactively communicate with client and team to address and resolve engagement challenges
- Provide consultation to middle-market clients in construction, wholesale distribution, and manufacturing industries, as needed
- Cultivate a collaborative, team-oriented work environment; manage, mentor, and train entry-level and mid-level staff; learn, engage with, and support firm-wide initiatives to promote a positive culture of caring
Our ideal candidate:
- 8+ years of tax experience in public accounting, with in depth experience in the real estate, real estate development, and construction industries
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA license or EA credential required; MS in tax desired
- Strong technical tax expertise to advise clients and demonstrate effective client-facing skills and presence
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and client service team