INDUSTRY OF EXPERTISE
Forensic and Business Valuation
Zach is a highly motivated and service-minded young professional in Ellin & Tucker’s Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Group. He is well-versed in providing valuation and litigation services to clients, ranging from simple contract disputes involving thousands of dollars to complex litigation involving millions of dollars. His specialty is in preparing and defending damage claims in matters involving commercial damages and breach of contract. Additionally, Zach’s attorney case assistance expertise includes facilitation of the discovery process, development of case strategy, and review and critique of expert’s opinions and positions.
Another one of Zach’s specialties is the valuation of privately held equity and debt, as well as complex options and derivative securities for clients. His wide span of expertise allows him to perform valuations in relation to shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, estate and gift tax matters, employee stock options, intellectual property, bankruptcy, domestic disputes and financial statement reports. Zach’s exceptional knowledge of the forensic, business valuation and litigation industry has solidified his reputation as a well-respected member of the firm’s FVS practice.
Zach holds a number of significant accreditations, including:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Zach has shared his insights on valuation issues in estate and gift tax planning and knowledge of quantifying commercial damages with other industry professionals including the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), Estate Tax Study Group and the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) Washington, D.C. Chapter, as well as speaking engagements for local universities.
Zach earned his bachelor of business administration from Loyola University Maryland and returned there to receive his masters of business administration degree in finance.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
Zach is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Beneath the Waves, Inc., Board of Directors Member and Treasurer
- International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma Member, Loyola University Maryland Chapter
- 2016 Standing Ovation Award – AICPA (Forensic Accounting & Business Valuation)
- 2016 Baltimore Rising Star Award - Living Classrooms Baltimore
- 20 in Their Twenties Award – The Daily Record (Maryland)
PUBLISHED THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Follow the links below to read Zach’s most recent contributions to regional and nationally-recognized trade publication: